GHSA 6A May 10-12, 2018
Carrolton High School
202 Trojan Dr, Carrollton, GA 30117
LIVE RESULTS click link below
All final races can be live streamed to any device for 30-day $9.95 subscription. For those going to Carrolton, get your mobile tickets before you arrive at the stadium on GoFan. For more info on both of these, see Event Info below.
The following athletes have qualified for the 6A State Championship Finals in Track & Field, to be contested Thursday, May 10 through Saturday, May 12 at Carrollton High School in Carrollton, GA.
Competition starts at 12:00 pm each day. If possible, please come out to support your teammates as they attempt to end their season rank among the best in the state! The names of the athletes and their events are as follows:
Shot Put & Discus - Jamal Ellis
100M Dash - Preston Jackson
200M Dash - Preston Jackson
400M Dash - Jayla Mobley, Robbie Ruppel, & Errol Williams
1600M Run - Robert Chappell
3200M Run - Robert Chappell
Boys 4x100M Relay - Robbie Ruppell, Preston Jackson, Kent Cherry, Dylan Merrell, alternate Cameron Foster
Boys 'A' 4x400M Relay - Robbie Ruppel , Preston Jackson, Kent Cherry, Erroll Williams, alternate Robert Chappell
Boys 'B' 4x400M Relay - Reggie Nolon, Dylan Merell, Josh Flynn, Jaden Slocum, alternates Evan Vivio & Austin Joyner
Event Schedule shows the order and approximate times of competition.
Note that Meet Program is NOT in order; it lists out different heats of same event, and shows your number in the race.
- Athletes will leave on Thursday and return Saturday. Lunch, dinner, water and snacks will be provided.
Thursday, May 10 with Travel, Hotel, & Meet details
-Updated info: Athletes do NOT need to attend school on Thursday until they report to the gym to leave on the bus. You are excused all of Thursday and Friday.
- Report to the gym: Thursday May 10 at 11:45 am Bring your stuff, see below for what to pack. Come to school dressed to compete. We need everyone on time as all athletes are required to help load the bus.
- Bus Leaves: 12:00 noon
Thursday May 10, All field events and 1600 final
- Meet Starts: 12:00 noon (earlier events will travel separately from main bus)
Track events start at 7pm with the 1600 final Field events start at 12:00 noon
Estimated Meet Finish: 8:00 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule
Best Western Plus, 104 South Cottage Hill Road, Carrollton, GA 30117
Coaches contact info for parents during state meet timeframe
Coach AJ Merine 7708158186 cell
Coach Kryslynn Davidson 7062046625 cell
Coach Dave Melissas 6782325248 cell
Friday, May 11, Qualifying heats for running events and 3200 final
- Meet Starts: 12:00 noon
Estimated Meet Finish: 7:00 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule
Saturday, May 12, Finals for running events
- Meet Starts: 12:00 noon
Estimated Meet Finish: 6:00 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule
- AHS Meet Entries: Click here for boys and girls state entries
- Transportation: The following pertains to each meet
- AHS provides bus transportation to and from each meet. We encourage all athletes to stay for the entire meet to cheer on their teammates and take the bus back to school - Requests regarding transportation other than the provided team bus, must be approved by Coach Merine no later than the day before the meet - Athletes who provide a Transportation Release form click here completed by their parent, may leave with the adult designated on the form. The adult driving the athlete home must sign the athlete out with the coach prior to leaving the meet - Athletes not returning on the school bus must speak with Coach Merine at the meet, before leaving meet - Questions should be sent to Coach Merine by emailing: email@example.com or by text: at: 770-815-8186. - State Meet & Trip Food: Team will provide lunch, dinner, water & snacks. (Plus Ms. Jones is pretty sure that breakfast is included at the hotel.) You may bring personal snacks. Not known if concessions will be available for purchase.
Athlete Wear that must be worn to each meet: - Top: AHS Competition singlet underneath 2018 AHS Track & Field t-shirt - Bottom: black shorts (sprint, thrower, or distance) underneath 2018 AHS track warm up bottoms
- Warm-up shoes
It's important that we look like and act like a cohesive team. Do not wear other t-shirts before or after competition.
-Bring to State Checklist:
Filled water bottle Homework to complete between events if needed Any personal snacks that are helpful to you
Casual wear clothing for Thursday, Friday, Saturday to be worn only when not at meet
Personal hygiene products
Race Day: AHS Track sweatshirt, AHS track & field warmup pants, uniform shorts, uniform singlet, racing shoes, training shoes, socks + extra pair
Other meet items you typically bring
- Gate Entry fee: $7 per person per day; buy digital tickets on your mobile phone at GoFan
- Not mentioned if concessions are available
- State Championship merchandise will be available on site
- Address: Grisham Stadium, Carrolton High School, 202 Trojan Dr, Carrollton, GA 30117
- Schedule of Events: Click here
Results: Live results and final results will be posted on this link, click here after they are available