McEachern Invitational Varsity Meet 4.14.2018
McEachern High School Varsity Meet
April 14, 2018
McEachern High School Track Complex
2395 Brand Road
Powder Springs, 30127
Event Schedule shows the order of competition. Meet Program shows section you compete in and your number.
Meet Program & Live Results: click on individual event to see meet program; will switch to live results after event is completed.
- Report to the school: 6:45 am - Report to the gym with your stuff. Come to school dressed to compete. We need everyone on time as all athletes are required to help load the bus.
- Bus Leaves: 7:00 am
- Meet Starts: 9:00 pm
Field events start at 9:00 pm Running Events start at 12:00 pm
Athletes should listen to announcements and be aware of when their event is approaching. Please check in at the tent located near the 100 meter start line (west end of track) on first call. Order of events will be girls followed by boys. Heats are slow-to-fast. All events are finals based on time. We may reseed to consolidate heats if possible.
If the weather radar indicates rain in the area we will move the start time up in the 4x100 to 11:30. Please inform your athletes.
-- AHS Meet Entries: Boys & Girls Entries click here
- If your name is not listed on the Boy & Girls Entries, please see your coach. Please note that the Meet Program are not listed in order of competition; look at Event Schedule, at the top, for the order.
- Estimated Meet Finish: 8:00 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule
- Transportation: The following pertains to each meet
- AHS provides bus transportation to and from each meet. We encourage all athletes to stay for the entire meet to cheer on their teammates and take the bus back to school - Requests regarding transportation other than the provided team bus, must be approved by Coach Merine no later than the day before the meet - Athletes who provide a Transportation Release form completed by their parent, may leave with the adult designated on the form. The adult driving the athlete home must sign the athlete out with the coach prior to leaving the meet - Athletes not returning on the school bus must speak with Coach Merine at the meet, before leaving meet - Questions should be sent to Coach Merine by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by text: at: 770-815-8186 - Meet Food: Team will provide water & limited granola bars. You may bring personal snacks. Not known if concessions will be available for purchase.
Athlete Wear that must be worn to each meet: - Top: AHS Competition singlet underneath 2018 AHS Track & Field t-shirt - Bottom: black shorts (sprint, thrower, or distance) underneath 2018 AHS track warm up bottoms
- Warm-up shoes
It's important that we look like and act like a cohesive team. Do not wear other t-shirts before or after competition.
- Competition socks - Spikes or competition shoes
- AHS sweatshirt (buses and time outside can be chilly, bring even if it's warm)
- Any other items to keep you warm as needed; don't use your energy that you need to compete. - Filled water bottle - Homework to complete between events. - Personal light & healthy meal + snacks, if desired
- Gate Entry fee: Not known, usual fee is $5 adults, $3 non-athlete students
-Not known if cull concessions are available for purchase
- Directions: Click Here
- Schedule of Events: Click here
Results: Will be posted on this MileSplit link after they are available