Fulton County Championships @ Westlake High School 3/24 & 27, 2018
Fulton County Championships, Westlake High School
March 24 & 27, 2018
Westlake High School
2400 Union Road
Atlanta, GA 30331
Please note: generally, only Track athletes who win their heats will advance to finals on Monday. (Check your event on the schedule to see, you might have both semi & final on Sat.) No advancement = stay in school on Tuesday.
All Field Events will all be completed on Saturday, both preliminaries and finals.
Event Schedule shows the order of competition.
When you click on Meet Program, it takes you to the Live Results Page. Click on any event to see the meet program for that particular event. Meet Programs are shown by individual event; changes instantly from Meet program to Live Results after event is over. Once that race is finished, it will change over to live results.
Saturday Info: Day 1
- Arrive at AHS: 8:00 am Report to the gym. Come to school dressed to compete. We need everyone on time as all athletes are required to help load the bus.
- Bus Leaves: 8:15 am
- Meet Starts: 10:00 am
Field events start at 10:00 am Track Events start at 12:30 pm
- Estimated Meet Finish: 4:00 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule
Tuesday Info: Day 2 Finals for Running Events
Released from class: 2:00 pm (early to get ahead of traffic); grab your stuff. Report to the gym. Come to school dressed to compete. We need everyone on time as all athletes are required to help load the bus.
- Bus Leaves: 2:30 pm
- Meet Starts: 5:55 pm Coaches Meeting 5:30 pm
- Estimated Meet Finish: 8:10 pm. Estimated as it is a rolling schedule 8:15 pm Presentation of Awards
- AHS Meet Entries for BOTH DAYS: Boys & Girls Entries click here
- If your name is not listed on the AHS Meet Entries, please see your coach. Please note that the Meet Entries are not in order of competition; look at Event Schedule, at the top of this page, for the order.
- Transportation: The following pertains to each meet
- AHS provides bus transportation to and from each meet. We encourage all athletes to stay for the entire meet to cheer on their teammates and take the bus back to school. - Requests regarding transportation other than the provided team bus, must be approved by Coach Merine no later than the day before the meet. - Athletes who provide a Transportation Release form completed by their parent, may leave with the adult designated on the form. The adult driving the athlete home must sign the athlete out with the coach prior to leaving the meet. - Athletes not returning on the school bus must speak with Coach Merine at the meet, before leaving meet. - Questions should be sent to Coach Merine by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by text: at: 770-815-8186. - Meet Food: Team will provide water & limited granola bars. You may bring personal snacks. Not known if concessions will be available for purchase.
Athlete Wear that must be worn to each meet: - Top: AHS Competition singlet underneath 2018 AHS Track & Field t-shirt - Bottom: black shorts (sprint, thrower, or distance) underneath 2018 AHS track warm up bottoms
- Warm-up shoes
It's important that we look like and act like a cohesive team. Do not wear other t-shirts before or after competition.
- Competition socks - Spikes or competition shoes
- AHS sweatshirt (buses and time outside can be chilly, bring even if it's warm)
- Any other items to keep you warm as needed; don't use your energy that you need to compete. Hat? Gloves? Blanket? - Filled water bottle - Homework to complete between events. - Personal light & healthy meal + snacks, if desired
- Gate Entry fee: not known, but usual fees are $5 per person, $3 for kids
- Not known if full concessions are available for purchase both days
- Directions: Click Here
- Schedule of Events: Click here
Results: LIVE results available here
Final results will be posted on this MileSplit link after they are available